Customise your diet for your unique metabolism
The Metabolic Typing® system will enable you to
- Achieve ideal weight without a struggle
- Eliminate hunger and cravings between meals
- Look younger
- Balance your moods
- Improve your digestion and immunity
- Have better energy and endurance for work, sports, etc
By matching your diet to the unique way your body works, instead of blindly following a 'one-size-fits-all' approach to your food choices, you can build better health and achieve all of the above goals, plus many others.
Using the Healthexcel on-line questionnaire, you can quickly access the information you need to identify the right foods for your type. You will need access to a computer and consultations can be done over the telephone or in person.
You can read about this method in the book 'The Metabolic Typing Diet' by William Wolcott & Trish Fahey, available from Amazon, which also contains a basic 65 question test to indicate whether you are a protein, carbo or mixed type.
You may choose the Intermediate test online at http://www.metabolictypingonline.com/ This evaluates your autonomic type, oxidative type and dominant system. A foods list and eating plan is provided, plus guidelines for fine tuning and any recommended supplements, customised for your metabolic type. On going support is available.
The Advanced test is only available through a Certified Healthexcel Metabolic Typing Advisor®. The test analyses the status of 4 Fundamental Homeostatic Control systems and the Dominant system -
Autonomic - (sympathetic, parasympathetic, balanced)
Oxidative - (fast oxidation, slow oxidation, mixed oxidation)
Endocrine - (pituitary, thyroid, adrenal, gonadal
Dominance - (autonomic or oxidative)
The Advanced programme provides:
- 300 item food list per metabolic type
- Explanations of food groups per metabolic type
- Metabolic type menu plans
- Dietry do's and don'ts for your metabolic type
- Explanations of how to work with your MT plan and fine tuning macro nutrient ratios.
- Guidelines for shopping, food selection, preparation and cooking
- Crucial information on understanding your health picture and further evaluations of any blocking factors.